Frosting on the Cake



“Eating the finest and most delicious cake” was my dream. However, for now, I will enjoy eating this “good cake” with “yummy frosting” served in front of me while I am still working and waiting for God’s “most delicious and finest cake”, BAKED ONLY FOR ME.


Being in this kind of job was very far from my dream. Because I was and still dreaming to be a Make Up Artist or something related to Fashion or Arts. Working in a Government Agency is not totally bad, it’s just that I know I am not destined to be here. I know, because someday, I’m gonna leave this to pursue my dream job. I like this job actually but it is hard for me to really and fully love this because I know in my heart what I love. I am enjoying. I am happy, temporarily. It gives me capacity to help and support my family, financially. It also gives me the capability to help my country and Filipino Learners in a different way even if I have a small bill on my pocket. and also, it helps me to grow as a person, as an employee, as a worker, as an advocate, as a dreamer, in a different environment that is far from my dream environment.


It is an uneasy job. But you know, some says, when God gives you far different from what you like, you should embrace it, enjoy it and be thankful to God for it. It was hard but also it was very beneficial. Want evidences?


Here are some perks i received and gained from this “very different environment”:



  • Colleagues that are not in the same age as mine. and sometimes, they tend to baby me. :))
image
With Ate Tess, Tita Lyn and Ate Mariel in a workshop that our office conducted.
  • I can have petiks moment.
image
At One Tagytay
  • I’ve got the chance to meet people with “important position” from different country without riding a plane and asking for their “appointments”.
image
At Mandarin Hotel with Indonesian Guy, Ate Aileen and Ate Lotus
  • I am learning from my colleagues not just inside the office but also in seminars i attended.
image
At DAP, Tagaytay
  • I also meet and learn from people of different regions.
image
At Millenia Suites, Pasig City with the people who facilitate and monitor the
Indigenous People's Education in their respective regions.
  • I can have side trips while doing our work.
image
At Pagsanjan, Laguna while we're doing school visits.
  • I get to travel with pay. :)
image
The beautiful bulubunduking Nueva Vizcaya.

I have a very wonderful job, isn’t it? But still, it ain't about the beauty or the salary of the job that matters, sometimes, it is how you follow your heart. It is about achieving what you want. And its about, “playing” in your own field (chosen/dream work).

Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.


Comments

Popular Posts