Cuts Against Cancer: Donate Your Hair!

Last December 16, exactly one year and one week that my hair got rebonded, i decided to cut my long straight hair.

Having a long straight locks was my dream ever since i was in my childhood. I grew up having a short hair (as in those pixie cuts!) because Mama wanted it to and it's also advisable for those living in a tropical country. And also hair is sooooo frizzy because of those meds that i have to take as a maintenance for my heart problem. So, I never experienced those long, shiny, straight hair just like the hair of my friends. And after so many years and thanks to technology for the rebond, i experienced the long, straight and shiny hair.

But even though i value my childhood dream, I've come up with the decision to cut it short because I know that it will make someone's dream come true.

I decided to donate my hair at Donate Your Hair, an organization who make wigs for the cancer patients. Napakahirap maging pasyente. Alam ko dahil ganyan ako nung bata ako. At napakahirap na nga maging pasyente, paano pa kaya kung habang nilalabanan mo ang sakit mo, nakikita mo pang unti-unting nauubos ang buhok mo. Kaya napag-isipan kong idonate ang buhok ko. Para sa maski small act lang, nakatulong ako. :)

So guys, if you have long locks at napag-isip-isip ng magpagupit bilang malapit na mag-summer, please do check www.donateyourhair.org. Salamuch!



"Sometimes, when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it to someone." - Mitch Albom


Comments

Popular Posts