Make-up 102 by Paint Box Artistry

Oh well. Finally! Exactly 2 weeks ago,  I was able to experience one of my goals -- to attend a make-up workshop/class as an advance birthday gift for myself. 

I am a make-up enthusiast like forever! :) It started when i was a youngster. I enjoyed the playing-with-Mama's-or-Tita's-Makeup moment so much. It stopped when i was a teeny-tiny and being grouped by my guy friends. Haha. And then I re-discovered my love for make-up when i was entering into college and it hasn't stopped from then. :)


I studied the basics from my Mama, Ate, Titas and some Friends. And more of the basics from YouTube and Google and Blogs. (Thanks for 'em!) But still, I am dreaming of attending a formal school where i can learn theories and more about make-up. And yes, finally! I attended a make-up workshop! This may not be a "real" school but still, i get to know more other than the basic of doing make-up. :))))


Thanks to Paintbox Artistry for their very affordable and fun workshop!


Lemme start with a brief background how I came to know the Paintbox Artistry workshops..


Karen, my friend, told me in Instagram, I think that's last December or January, that i should attend PbA's workshop since she knows how i love make-up. So I followed them on IG (@paintboxartistry) and saw that they'll be having a Basic MakeUp Workshop which will be held in Makati. I tried my best to register so I can attend to it, but unfortunately, I have class every saturday. Hence, I wasn't able to attend and be part of that batch. But then again, thanks to PbA 'coz they scheduled their 2nd workshop for the year, which is the Advance Make-up, on a Sunday afternoon. Hooray for this! And yep, I get to attend to their "very first advance make-up workshop"!

So here's my experience...


Paintbox Artistry's Advance Make-up Workshop was held last 15th of June 2014 at Rooms 498 Building, Boni Avenue, Mandaluyong City. Ms. Elaiza Basas and Ms. Theresa Padin are the instructors/owners/organizers of the event. They were really nice and really know what they are doing. :)



Ms. Tere, me and Ms. Elaiza. I know, i know. We're kind'a bootyicious. :)

The workshop fee is cost P2,300 pero bilang nanalo ko on one of their promos, I paid for only P1,000 only. Even if i only pay for P1,000, I got a kit which is exactly the same with the kit of P2,300-registrants. Hihi. (Bawal ang discrimination!:D) And here's the kit that I am talking about:





Medyo late nga lang nakapag-start kasi natrapik sila Ms. Elaiza and Ms. Tere dahil Father's Day pala that time! Goodluck naman sa mga pamilyang atat mag-date. Haha! :) Pero nag-start na agad nung pagdating nila with kunting introduction and presentation of the products of one of the sponsor, Strip It (Hair Removal Sugaring). :)
The owner of Strip It.
Wondering what are they're products?
Check www.facebook.com/stripit.wax

The workshop officially started by Lesson #1- Brow Mapping. Affirmation lang ang lahat ng nangyari kasi I am very much addicted sa magandang kilay dahil hello naman sa kilay kong perfect nga ang shape kahit di ako nagpapa-grooming e kaya lang sobranggg nipis naman. Hahaha! :D

Given na yung madami ka talagang mapupulot na learnings when you attend a class or workshop like this. But there are so many things I love about this WS. And here's my list:

1. Yummy Food! (Inuna talaga! Haha!) Funny thing sa workshop na 'to is while Ms. Tere is talking/teaching, andun ang karamihan sa pila ng food! Hahaha! Infairness dito 'te, ang sarapppp. Akala ko nga, food ang pinunta ko sa WS e. Hahaha!


Yummy oh! PG lang ang peg! Hahaha!

2. Informality! A innnnn! Ms. Tere is such an adorable and funny girl! Ang dami nyang baong jokes at kachenesan. Haha! Kaya naman napaka-light lang ng turuan portion. Yung para lang magkakaibigan na naisipang mag-share ng mga nilalaman sa make-up. Hihi. :D

3. Freebies! I am no lucky gal pagdating sa mga raffle chuvas na yan. Pero sa sobrang daming freebies/sponsors, meron akong nauwi na lipsticks and eye shadow from Benefit Cosmetics plus soap from The Handmade Avenue Soap. Hihi. :)



4. Walang Cheklavu, Application agad! The instructors gave us enough time to try yung mga tinuturo nila after all the talks per session. Tas napaka-accommodating pa nila sa mga questions. :) Plus they'll praise you pa pag nagawa mo ng maayos. Di sila yung type ng instructors na, "sila lang magaling". Hihi.



5. New acquaintances! I've got to meet people who exactly love and enjoy what I love. :)


Oh, since sobrang nag-enjoy ako sa application of make-up, nakalimutan ko na mag-picture ng madami. Kaya nanguha na lang ako sa iba. Hihi. 

Here are from my fellow students':

1. From Vergie of www.vergieblogs.blogspot.com.



2. From Ate Say's IG:


And these are from Paint Box Artistry's Facebook page:


Shempre kinuha ko lang yung mga nahagip ako ng mga camera nila. Haha!
Thank you Vergie, Ate Say and Paintbox Artistry!


Oh, di ba? All the girls are happy? :) 

Nakuuuu! Kaya ikaw! Yes, ikaw nga! If you love make-up and looking for something that could help you for mas marami pang knowledge, try to attend Paintbox Artistry's workshop. Masaya! Pramis! :)



Much love,
Ja

------------------
Are you one of the students of Paintbox Artistry's Advance Make-up WS, don't hesitate to leave a comment! I love to hear your own kwentos too!

Or if not, you can also leave a comment !

Comments

  1. dami mo new pals. did u follow them on insta/twitter? friendly ka kasi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Dalawa lang ang na-gain ko. hihi. The girl in red is my cousin :) Yes, sa IG ko sila finallow :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my post! Any thoughts? *wink wink* :)))))

Popular Posts