#DroolOverLaps: The Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've been baking since 2014 but this journey has little snippets before that year. You may read my "history" in this baking journey here.   

I am now selling my homemade baked goodies to my friends and some friends of friends and some other people thru online selling at Ja's a Piece of Cake's Instagram

Since I've been very passionate about this journey, I took up a short course/NC II last February until April, which I will share to you once I got my my NC II Certificate from TESDA. :)

But today, let me share to you a recipe for this all-time favorite and very classic snack for kids and kids at heart, the Chocolate Chip Cookies.


The recipe is adapted from Ana Olson. :)

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed light
1/2 cup White Sugar
1 Egg, large & in room temperature
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4 cup All-purpose Flour
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
1 cup Toasted Pecan Nuts, coarsely chopped (optional)

Directions:
  1. Dry ingredients: In a medium bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together. Mix well.
  2. Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar together.
  3. Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
  4. Add the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Stir until blended.
  5. Add chocolate chips. (Add more 1/4 cup of chocolate chips if you want. Because i know you want it. Hahaha.)
  6. Add the toasted pecan nuts. (But i prefer not to add nuts since i want it to be classic!)
  7.  Scoop the cookie dough using an ice cream scoop or 1 tbsp, shape them into balls. (I used 1/2tbsp for smaller sizes.)
  8. Place onto baking sheet with parchment paper. Chill for at least an hour.
  9. Preheat the oven to 325F before putting the baking sheet inside
  10. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until browned around the edges. (I bake mine around 13-14 minutes since it is small sizes.)
  11. Cool on the baking tray for at least 2 minutes before transferring it to cooling rack. (That's the longest 2 minutes of your life, for sure! Hahah!)
Best serve with cold milk! Yay!  
 

Comments

Popular Posts